Meetings are on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:30 pm at Lakeview Presbyterian Church located at 5914 Canal Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70124 (see the map below). Enter through the back door. There is a Orchid Basics Study Group at 6:45 pm prior to the regular meeting. Any change in the day or time of our meeting, in order to accommodate a guest speaker, is announced in our monthly newsletter. Guests are always welcomed at our meetings. Please sign our guest book when you arrive.
Our meetings are a combination of the Society's business and the orchid growers' pleasure. Guests are always welcome. Our programs cover a wide variety of subjects relating to orchid culture. Presenters may be one of our own members or an expert from another state or country. Each month members bring their own blooming plants to place on our plant display table. We encourage those with problem plants to bring them to meetings since our members are always willing to help with culture advice. Our meetings conclude with a monthly plant raffle followed by dessert with coffee. Adjournment is usually about 9:00 p.m.
Dues : $20 indiviual; $25 per household per year
Advantages of Membership:
- Monthly meetings with programs on different aspects of orchid growing.
- Orchid Basics Group which meets before our regular meeting.
- The opportunity to exhibit plants in our annual show and win awards.
- Plants for sale by individual members or visiting vendors at our monthly meetings.
- The occasion to share growing information.
- Access to the expertise and knowledge of more experienced growers.
Become A Member:
If you would like to become a member please fill out the form below. Please print and mail the form along with your check payable to the New Orleans Orchid Society to the address listed on the form or bring it with you to our monthly meeting.
Membership Form Map
2017 Meeting Dates:
Thursday, November 16th
Last updated: 02/17/2017